Targeted Muscle: “Shoulders”
Equipment used: “Dumbbell”
1. Starting Position: Stand straight with an incline bench in front of you while holding a dumbbell in each hand. While keeping your back straight and maintaining the natural arch of your back, lean forward until your forehead touches the bench in front of you. Let the arms hang in front of you perpendicular to the ground. The palms of your hands should be facing each other and your torso should be parallel to the floor.
2. Move 1: Keeping your arms straight with a slight bend at the elbows, lift the dumbbells straight to the side until both arms are parallel to the floor, Exhale as you lift the weights.
3. MOVE 2: Once both arms are parallel to the floor at the top, slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position, Inhale as you do this move.
4. Repeat the recommended amount of repetitions.
1. This exercise can also be performed with cables or seating.
2. Avoid swinging the torso or bringing the arms back as opposed to the side.