Targeted Muscle: “Shoulders”
Other Muscles: “Chest, Forearms”
Equipment used: “Ropes”
1. Starting Position: For this exercise you will need a heavy rope anchored at its center 15-20 feet away. Standing in front of the rope, take an end in each hand with your arms extended at your side.
2. Move 1: Initiate the movement by rapidly raising one arm to shoulder level as quickly as you can.
3. Move 2: As you let that arm drop to the starting position, raise the opposite side.
4. Continue alternating your left and right arms, whipping the ropes up and down as fast as you can.
The goal of this training session is General Physical Preparation and to increase your workout capacity. It can be done in various types of action. I have mentioned some of the types below they are,
1. Battle Ropes Double Waves – Both arms raising at a time.
2. Battle Ropes Alternating Waves – Both arms raising alternately as mentioned above.
3. Battle Ropes In & Out Waves – Both arms oppositely as up to down and vice versa.
4. Battle Ropes Side to Side Waves – Both arms moving together making waves of the rope in side motion.