Targeted Muscle: “Shoulders”
Other Muscles: “Triceps”
Equipment used: “Dumbbell”
1. The seated dumbbell press is one of the most popular mass builders for the shoulders. Take a pair of dumbbells and set up for the exercise by getting an utility bench and setting the back to 90 degrees.
2. Grab a pair of dumbbells and sit down on the utility bench with the ends of the dumbbells on your thighs.
3. Starting Position: Raise the dumbbells above your head and twist so that your palms are facing forward and your back should be flat against the back rest and your feet firmly planted on the floor for stability.
4. Move 1: As you exhale, push the dumbbells up until they touch at the top.
5. Move 2: Reaching the top, slowly lower the dumbbells to the sides of your shoulders that is to the starting position as you inhale.
6. Again raise the dumbbells back to the top and bring back to the starting position.
7. Repeat the above movement for desired reps and for 3 sets.
· You can perform the exercise standing or sitting on a regular flat bench. But a back rest is preferred for people with lower back problems.
· Always use the longest range of motion possible and control the dumbbells throughout the set.
· When lifters add weight too quickly at times it will result in an injury and could hinder your shoulder gain.